We want you to understand your contract with us, so we asked our lawyer to put
together an easy-to-read contract as free of legal jargon as possible. Here it is:
Your Contract with Sucker Free Pesticide and Insect Control Inc:
How to Agree to our Terms:
1. We will provide you with a quote. When you accept our quote, this contract will
apply to our business relationship and the quote becomes the contract price. This
is the entire contract. No other terms, verbal or written, will apply unless we later modify this contract in writing.
2. You have 30 days from the date on the quote to accept. It will expire on the
3. We will not start performing the contract until ten days from the date you
accept the quote. We explain the reason for this in article 10 of this contract.
What We Can Guarantee
4. We will only use products approved by the Canadian and Ontario government.
5. We will provide competent, courteous, and professional services.
What We Cannot Guarantee
6. We cannot guarantee 100% success. Pests such as mosquitoes and ticks can return. Factors beyond our control, such as weather, can reduce the effectiveness of our treatments.7. Our service targets mosquitos and ticks. We take no responsibility for other insects or pests.
8. We may have to delay our services because of weather or other circumstances beyond our control. We will reschedule to a mutually convenient time should this occur.
9. Payment is required upon completion of the service. Interest shall accrue on unpaid balances at the rate of 2% monthly. Interest compounds monthly, which means you pay interest on interest every 30 days.
10. If you are an individual acting for personal, family or household purposes, and not a business, you are a consumer under the Ontario Consumer Protection Act and may have the right to a ten day “cooling off period.” We want you to have the benefit of this law, so we will not start the service until ten days have elapsed since you accepted our quotation, which will have this Agreement printed on the back, or ten days after you have clicked your acceptance of our quote and these terms on our website, unless mutually agreed to begin sooner.
11. The courts of Ontario will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising
under this contract in the unlikely event of a disagreement between us.Your Responsibilities
12. It is your responsibility to give us access to your property so we can provide our services to you. It is also your obligation to obtain the consent of your neighbours to access their lands if necessary to provide you with the service. We will not access their property without their consent. If we attend at the designated time to provide the service and you do not have their written consent, or if they are not present to give their consent in person, we will not perform the service
and we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee of $100.00 plus HST as compensation for our time and expenses, such as gas and wear and tear on our vehicle.
13. It is your responsibility to provide us access at the designated time for the service. If we cannot properly access your property, we will not perform the service and you will be charged a cancellation fee of $100.00 plus HST as compensation for our time and expenses, such as gas and wear and tear on our vehicle.
14. It is your responsibility to keep pets and individuals away from treated areas until the products that have been used have dried. This normally takes up to 1hour.15. You also agree to cooperate with us in every way reasonably necessary to deliver our services to you.Limitation of Liability16. In the highly unlikely event that we have made an error that constitutes negligence, our liability to you cannot be greater than the contract price. You also agree that our liability is restricted to direct property damage and personal injury. In other words, you waive any claim more than the contract price and any claim for consequential, incidental, punitive, indirect, or exemplary damages regardless of whether such damages were foreseeable.Automatic Renewal
15. This contract is exclusively for you and cannot be assigned to anybody else.
16. No waiver of any element of this contract is effective unless expressly stated
by us in writing.
17. If any term of this contract is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not
invalidate the rest of the contract.